Monday 28 February 2011

Japanese Calligraphy.

DLP & Crisis (kiki)

Looking through my copy of 'Tattoo Sourcebook' (which isn't the greatest tattoo book I must admit), I came across the Japanese symbol for 'Crisis'. But before I confuse you, on the image above, the symbol for 'Crisis' is the small one in the corner of the ripped paper. The large symbol (DLP, my initials) is of my own design, and I've been using it for years to sign my artwork. I'm currently using this image for my Facebook page logo.

How I created this image: I ripped the edges off an A4 piece of watercolour paper, painted on my DLP symbol with black watercolour paint using a japanese paintbrush, penned on the 'Crisis' symbol with a thin tipped marker pen, placed the image onto the back of a brown envelope, scanned it in and VOILA.

Sickness!

No comments:

Post a Comment